Check-in and boarding
To reduce costs and keep our fares cheap, we offer free online check-in options.
Online check-in is available from 30 days up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time if you have made a booking before 15 August 2017 or purchased a seat during your booking on and after 15 August 2017.
In case you have not purchased any seats with your booking made after 15 August 2017, check-in will become available only 48 hours before departure. For return flights with no seats purchased check-in for the return leg will open after the outbound check-in is open up to 15 days before flight departure.
- check in online
- print your boarding card
- present the printed boarding card at the gate with your travel documents no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- if you hold non-EU travel documents, you need to present yourself at the check-in counter to have your documentation checked and your boarding card stamped
- if you have baggage to drop off, go to the baggage drop desk no later than 40 minutes prior to departure
If you are travelling within the Schengen area you don’t need to fill in the travel document details during the online check-in procedure, since you are not required to provide such details.
During the online check-in process you might be requested to provide visa details on certain routes. If no visa is required for your destination, just fill in the field with xxxxx characters.
Children under 14 need to be accompanied and checked in online by a passenger older than 16.
You can change your reservation (except for the flight and the name) or purchase additional services even after the online check-in.
You can check in at the airport for a fee.
- Pay at the time of booking.
- Add at a later time on your flight summary page.
If online check-in services are not yet available from your departure airport, airport check-in will be free until the service becomes available.
List of airports where online check-in is not available and airport check-in is free of charge:
- Dubai (to Budapest only)
- Palma de Mallorca
If you check in with the app, you have the following options:
- retrieve your boarding pass via the app when your phone is connected to the internet
- visit wizzair.com from your mobile's browser, enter your flight confirmation code and print your boarding pass
- If you are using iOS operating system, you can also save your boarding card to the Wallet*
Some airports do not yet support mobile boarding passes. In such cases, a mobile boarding pass will not be generated and you will need to visit wizzair.com, retrieve your reservation and print your boarding card.
For bookings made on and after 15 August 2017, availability of online check-in is based on your seat selection:
- If you have purchased a seat during your booking: 30 days before your flight
- If you have no seat purchased: 48 hours before your outbound flight
- For return flights, if you have no seat purchased: after outbound check-in is open, up to 15 days before your inbound flight.
Check-in starts 2 hours and closes 40 minutes before departure.
If you have special requests, special needs or travel with pre-booked assistance, please check in 2 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure to make sure that we can complete the check-in procedure on time.
You can not bring the following items onboard the aircraft or in airport security restricted areas in the airport.
If you fail to:
- complete check-in procedures by the deadline
- show up at check-in or at the boarding gate in due time
your reservation will be cancelled and you won't be able to board. We will refund the amount of the total fare after deducting the amounts of the fee for other services and a seat protection fee of €80.
We suggest purchasing insurance to cover your losses in such cases.
You need to be present at the boarding gate no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
You need to present the same travel documents you used for the online check-in at airport security and the boarding gate.
Please make sure that you possess all necessary travel documents, such as your passport and visa. If you are not sure what the exact entry requirements are for your destination, please check with the relevant foreign office in your country before travelling. We can't take responsibility if you are denied boarding due to the lack of necessary travel documents.
If you are travelling with an infant, you need to print and present the infant's boarding card at the gate.
The airport information screens will tell you which gate you need to go to after check-in and security control. If you use airport check-in, the ground staff may be able to give you information about which gate you need to go to.
Items you purchased after check-in and security checks can be taken on board.