Please make sure that when you are booking a flight you provide the full name of the passenger accurately, exactly as it is written in the travel document the passenger will be using.
In case you made a mistake during booking, you can use the free online name change option on your flight summary page if:
- Wrong title (male/female)
- Shortened name ( Thomas J. Smith vs. Thomas John Smith)
- Misspelling/typo/ up to 3 characters
For other name corrections please contact the Wizz Air Call Centre within 2 hours of the booking. After this deadline, a name change fee will have to be paid:
- [name-change location=WizzairCom] when changing the name on our site
- [name-change location=CallCentre] when changing through the Wizz Air Call Centre. A Call Centre Transaction Fee will be applied in addition to the Name Change Fee.
In accordance with the Romanian law no. 248 of 2005 (regarding the rules of free movement of Romanian citizens abroad), Romanian citizens under the age of 18 may only travel abroad if accompanied by both his/her parents or one parent/one adult and are in possession of the required documentation.
If not accompanied by both parents, the other parent or other person needs to have power of attorney from the other parent or both parents. The power of attorney must include the following:
- country of destination
- length of stay
- the other parent's or both parents' consent for travel
- death certificate of the other or both parents is applicable
- if the the accompanying adult is not a parent, he or she must have a copy of his or her criminal record from the police
Children under the age of 16 who are citizens of Ukraine can only cross the border when leaving Ukraine with consent from both parents (adopted parents or care-givers) or if accompanied by them or by persons appointed by them.
Children shall have a valid foreign passport or child travel document or shall be entered into the foreign passport of their parent (when travelling with that parent).
When children under the age of 16 who are citizens of Ukraine exit the territory of Ukraine accompanied by one parent or a person appointed by one parent, and the other parent is not present at the border crossing-point, a consent of the other parent witnessed by a notary shall be presented, specifying the country of destination and the time of travel.
A notary-signed consent of the other parent is not required in the following cases:
- when the other parent – who is not present at the border crossing-point – is a stateless person or of foreign nationality;
- when a travelling citizen under 16 years old has a note in his passport indicating that the citizen permanently leaves Ukraine or that he/she is registered with the Ukrainian Consulate abroad
- also there is no need for the consent of the other parent if the following documents or copies validated by a notary are presented: death certificate of the other parent; court decision indicating that the other parent is deprived of his/her parental rights; court decision indicating that the other parent is missing; court decision indicating that the other parent is incapacitated; court decision allowing a child to leave the territory of Ukraine without consent and not accompanied by the other parent;
From January 15th, 2017 French nationals and residents under 18 years old can only travel alone (without a parent or legal guardian) if they are in possession of an authorization to travel form (“l'autorisation de sortie du territoire")
The form contains the following information:
- The surname, forenames, date and place of birth of the minor child authorized to leave the territory;
- The surname, forenames, date and place of birth of the holder of the parental authority who signed the authorization, the capacity in which he exercises this authority, his domicile, his signature and, where applicable, his contact details, Telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- The duration of the authorization, which may not exceed one year from the date of signature.
The form must be completed and signed by the parent or the legal guardian. A photocopy of a valid identity document of the parent or legal guardian who provided his or her signature for the form must also be provided.