Travel documents

Information & Services

Travel documents



Please make sure that when you are booking a flight you provide the full name of the passenger accurately, exactly as it is written in the travel document the passenger will be using.

In case you made a mistake during booking, you can use the free online name change option on your flight summary page if:

  • Wrong title (male/female)
  • Shortened name (Thomas J. Smith vs. Thomas John Smith)
  • Misspelling/typo/ up to 3 characters

For other name corrections please contact the Wizz Air Call Centre within 2 hours of the booking. After this deadline, a name change fee will have to be paid:

  • [name-change location=WizzairCom] when changing the name on our site
  • [name-change location=CallCentre] when changing through the Wizz Air Call Centre. A Call Centre Transaction Fee will be applied in addition to the Name Change Fee.

If you are unsure about the visa requirements of the countries you will be travelling to, please visit the IATA Travel Centre for information.

Please check your passport is still valid before travelling to Europe after 29 March 2019: You may need to renew earlier than planned. For more information check here.

In accordance with the Romanian law no. 248 of 2005 (regarding the rules of free movement of Romanian citizens abroad), Romanian citizens under the age of 18 may only travel abroad if accompanied by both his/her parents or one parent/one adult and are in possession of the required documentation.

If not accompanied by both parents, the other parent or other person needs to have power of attorney from the other parent or both parents. The power of attorney must include the following:

  • country of destination
  • length of stay
  • the other parent's or both parents' consent for travel
  • death certificate of the other or both parents is applicable
  • if the the accompanying adult is not a parent, he or she must have a copy of his or her criminal record from the police

Read more about rules and regulations!

Children under the age of 16 who are citizens of Ukraine can only cross the border when leaving Ukraine with consent from both parents (adopted parents or care-givers) or if accompanied by them or by persons appointed by them.

Children shall have a valid foreign passport or child travel document or shall be entered into the foreign passport of their parent (when travelling with that parent).

When children under the age of 16 who are citizens of Ukraine exit the territory of Ukraine accompanied by one parent or a person appointed by one parent, and the other parent is not present at the border crossing-point, a consent of the other parent witnessed by a notary shall be presented, specifying the country of destination and the time of travel.

A notary-signed consent of the other parent is not required in the following cases:

  • when the other parent – who is not present at the border crossing-point – is a stateless person or of foreign nationality;
  • when a travelling citizen under 16 years old has a note in his passport indicating that the citizen permanently leaves Ukraine or that he/she is registered with the Ukrainian Consulate abroad
  • also there is no need for the consent of the other parent if the following documents or copies validated by a notary are presented: death certificate of the other parent; court decision indicating that the other parent is deprived of his/her parental rights; court decision indicating that the other parent is missing; court decision indicating that the other parent is incapacitated; court decision allowing a child to leave the territory of Ukraine without consent and not accompanied by the other parent;


From January 15th, 2017 French nationals and residents under 18 years old can only travel alone (without a parent or legal guardian) if they are in possession of an authorization to travel form (“l'autorisation de sortie du territoire")

The form contains the following information:

  1. The surname, forenames, date and place of birth of the minor child authorized to leave the territory;  
  2. The surname, forenames, date and place of birth of the holder of the parental authority who signed the authorization, the capacity in which he exercises this authority, his domicile, his signature and, where applicable, his contact details, Telephone numbers and e-mail address;  
  3. The duration of the authorization, which may not exceed one year from the date of signature.  

The form must be completed and signed by the parent or the legal guardian. A photocopy of a valid identity document of the parent or legal guardian who provided his or her signature for the form must also be provided.



Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

You have to present all necessary, valid travel documents at the check-in or at the boarding gate. You also need to comply with all the entry and migration requirements of the country you are flying from, through or into. If you do not have the sufficient passport or visa or any required travel document and you are refused entry into a country, you may be liable for the consequential transportation surcharge and cost of provisions.

For the most accurate information about visa requirements, please contact the foreign offices, embassies or consulates of the countries you would like to visit. You will have to present the same document you provided during the online check-in.

If you don't have a confirmed reservation yet, we highly recommend booking your inbound and outbound flights under two separate reservations. In this case you will able to use different travel documents when checking in. In case you already have a confirmed reservation, please contact the Wizz Air Call Centre

The border authorities may decide to refuse entry to their country based on information not available to us. We will not refund you for any flight or service you are not able to use because of the refusal but you may be liable for the consequential transportation surcharge and cost of provisions.