Din webbläsare är väldigt gammaldags
Vi stöder inte den här versionen av din webbläsare!
Du ser den här sidan då vi upptäckt en förlegad version av din webbläsare eller en version som inte stöds. För att fortsätta navigera på wizzair.com och för att få bästa upplevelsen medan du navigerar rekommenderar i att du uppdaterar din webbläsare.
Vi rekommenderar följande:
Mozilla Firefox
Ladda ner gratis
Google Chrome
Ladda ner gratis

Information och tjänster

BREXIT related travel notice


Different passport validity rules apply for British Citizen passport holders visiting Europe. Check your passport validity using the passport checker on GOV.UK.

You may need to renew it earlier than planned and should allow up 10 weeks when applying from the UK. This does not apply to Ireland.

  • You should have at least 6 months left on an adult or child passport to travel to most countries in Europe (not including Ireland).
  • If you renewed your current passport before the previous one expired, extra months may have been added to its expiry date. Any extra months on your passport over 10 years may not count towards the 6 months needed.
  • You should check that your passport meets the new validity rules now using the online passport checker: gov.uk/passport-europe-2021
  • You should allow up to 10 weeks for your new passport when applying from the UK. Updated processing times for overseas applications will vary.
  • Both blue and burgundy British passports, including those with “European Union” on the cover, remain equally acceptable.

You can check if your child’s passport is valid for travel quickly and easily by visiting: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/passport-rules-for-travel-to-europe-after-brexit

Alternatively, check the expiry date of your child’s passport – there should be at least 6 months remaining on the passport. You can find the online passport checker here: www.gov.uk/check-a-passport-travel-europe

If you/your child’s passport does not meet the new rules on the day you plan to arrive in the Schengen area, you should renew it. The easiest and cheapest way to renew your passport is online at: www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

The easiest and quickest way to renew your passport is to use one of official online services: www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport.

There are no changes to entry requirements for countries outside the EU and the Schengen area as a result of exiting the EU. You should however continue to check the rules for each individual country you intend to visit, just as now.

From 23:00 (UK Time) on 31 December 2020 free movement of people no longer applies in the United Kingdom. Consequently, from 1st January 2021 the following measures apply:

  • EU/EEA and Swiss nationals travelling to the UK for work or for more than 6-months of study need appropriate entry clearance. Those who were resident in the UK before the end of free movement are entitled to apply for status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
  • For all other visits up to 6 months duration, no visa or entry clearance is required for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals.
  • EU/EEA and Swiss national identity cards will remain valid for all passengers travelling to the UK until 01 October 2021.
  • From 23:00 (UK Time) 31 December 2020, all non-EU/EEA or non-Swiss nationals who are family members of EU/EEA or Swiss nationals need to have entry clearance, or a UK issued family permit to join or accompany their EU/EEA/Swiss family member in the UK.
  • Non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, who are family members of the EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, need to have a visa for any type of visit up to 6 months duration.
  • EU and Irish-issued Article 10/20 Residence Cards for non-EU/EEA or non-Swiss family members of EU/EEA or Swiss nationals are no longer acceptable as a visa exemption document. UK-issued Article 10/20 cards will continue to be acceptable when presented alongside a valid travel document.
  • Non-EU/EEA or non-Swiss Family Members already settled in the UK will be issued with a UK biometric residence permit (BRP). Where a family member has lost their biometric residence permit whilst outside the UK, or where they have left the UK whilst their EUSS application is still pending, they are required to apply for a EUSS travel permit, that will be valid for 6 months multiple entries.
  • Irish citizens can continue to travel and live in the UK as they did before and do not require leave to enter.
  • The UK continues to accept the same EU/EEA and Swiss common format Category D visas and residence permits as exemption documents for the purpose of transiting the UK without a visa as before. This includes those issued for the Republic of Ireland.

For further information please visit https://www.gov.uk/transition.

UK government is working to make sure that affected passport holders are aware of the new rules and renew their passports in advance of travel if necessary. There is a risk that you could be refused entry if your passport does not comply with the new rules.

UK government is working to make sure that affected passport holders are aware of the new rules and renew their passports in advance of travel if necessary. It is possible that anybody who is refused entry at the border will be required to return home.

UK government is working to make sure that affected passport holders are aware of the new rules and renew their passports in advance of travel if necessary. UK government is working with the travel industry to ensure that affected passengers are informed in good time. It is possible that carriers may not allow people whose passports do not meet the new rules to travel.

No. It is an individual’s responsibility to make sure they have the correct documentation for travel. The UK government is working to make sure people who may be affected are aware of the new rules.

That will depend on the terms of individual insurance policies.

European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) and Global Health Insurance Cards (GHICs) are valid for travel to the EU. You should continue to get appropriate travel insurance for your trip.

Animals cannot travel on Wizz Air flights, except for guide dogs travelling with their owners holding the documents set out in the regulations and complying with the conditions.

For your awareness – you will not be able to use your existing guide dog or pet passport to enter the EU and related pet travel requirements have changed. You should contact a vet at least 1 month before you travel and check GOV.UK website for further details.

Rules around mobile roaming in Europe have changed, and your mobile provider may charge you more for calls or data when abroad. Check roaming policies with your mobile provider before travelling.

  • Surcharge-free roaming to EU countries, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein is no longer guaranteed.
  • The Government has legislated to protect consumers from unexpected charges - through a financial limit and alerts on mobile data usage while abroad.
  • You should check with your mobile phone operator before travelling.

European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) and Global Health Insurance Cards (GHICs) are valid for travel to the EU.

You should continue to get appropriate travel insurance for your trip.

  • Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) continues to be valid for travel to the EU until its expiry date.
  • Once your EHIC expires, you can apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), free of charge, online at nhs.uk/ghic
  • EHICs and the new GHIC provide the same access to emergency and necessary healthcare cover for travel to the EU. You do not need to apply for a GHIC if you already have a valid EHIC.
  • If visiting Switzerland, Iceland, or Liechtenstein, your card may not be valid. You should get appropriate travel insurance which covers your health needs. A UK passport can be used to get medically necessary healthcare in Norway. Read more travel advice information.
  • EHICs and GHICs are not an alternative to travel insurance. Full information on getting the right travel insurance is available at gov.uk/foreign-travel-insurance.

  • You can visit EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland without a visa for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. Different rules apply to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania.
  • A visa or permit may be required to stay for longer, to work, or to study. There are additional requirements for business travel. Check the travel advice for each country you’re visiting for more information.